5 Out of the Box Rakhi Gift Ideas23:45
‘Rakhi’ or ‘RakshaBandhan’ is one of the most auspicious ceremonies of the Indian tradition, celebrating the wonderful bond between brother and his sister. Though it’s customary for the brothers to gift their sisters, nowadays sisters wish to gift their brothers too! And today, people no longer give traditional gifts, but trying out something out-of-the-box as well! And we present to you 5 unique gift ideas for this Rakhi!
- 1. Does your sibling love antiques? Or loves to visit places or buy stuffs symbolic of the yester years? Then pair up this love together with his/her hobby, and present a wonderful gift symbolic of the yester years- full of nostalgia and aristocracy! If he/she loves to read and write, then gift a classic novel which he yearns for so much, along with a fountain pen, ink pot and an antique penholder! If he/she’s fond of retro music, then gift a collection of retro music CDs. If you’re gifting a nostalgia-loving sister, then why not gift a wonderful set of ornaments designed like the yester years- your sister will feel like a member of a royal family on wearing those huge earrings and that wide necklace!You may even plan a visit to the museum or some historical site as well.
- 2. Is your brother a sports freak? Then gift the items he’ll love the most- the sports accessories he loves! Moreover, if your sister is crazy for the so-called “men games” like football, cricket, wrestling or boxing, it’s time you show that it isn’t always that you force her to be girlish- gift her the sports accessories she desires to have so much, say a pair of boxing glove a pair of dumbbells?
- 3. Have an adventurer for a sister/brother? Then gift him/her the pair of binoculars or the trendy goggles or the trekking shoes your parents refused to buy again, wishing to curb that love for rock climbing and exploring!
4. A sister, who loves experimenting with her looks and attire, will love her favourite clothes from her favourite wardrobe! If she’s currently experimenting with ethnics, then go for a gorgeous sari this year, or a funky top if she’s experimenting with modern wear. You may also gift a kurta-payjama or a cool t-shirt and denims set this year to your fashion-freak brother according to the look he’s sporting the most currently!
- 5. Nothing like personalized gifts or a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates, or all! Gift a spectacular flower bouquet or team it up with personalized gifts like a coffee-mug or t-shirt with his and yours photograph printed on it! You may also gift a special Rakhi Thali to your brother! You have numerous Rakhi thali online shopping options nowadays. And if it’s for your sister, then there’s no gift better than flowers! Pair them up with a personalized cushion-cover, photo-frame or coffee-mug, along with her favourite chocolates!